Terms of Service
seefleet.com (the Service) is a web based collaboration platform built for its users to securely share ship specifications and commercial information within a team. When using the Service you accept the following terms of service.
- seefleet AS
- An independent corporation with address Ekraveien 19, 0756 OSLO, Norway, and the owner of the seefleet.com web application.
- The Service
- The seefleet.com web application with all associated and underlying applications and infrastructure.
- A representation of a person using the Service. All persons using the Service must have their own account. The Service is accessed by signing in to your account with a personal email address and a password.
- A representation of a company within the Service. A team can have multiple accounts connected which lets all account see and modify information about ships.
- Technical, commercial information about ships provided by the users of the Service.
- Contact information and emails associated with a Team or Account, provided by the users of the Service directly, or through authorized integrations with services owned by the Team, such as email integrations.
Your use of the Service is at your sole risk. The Service is provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis.
You understand that the Service uses third party vendors and hosting providers to provide the necessary hardware, software, networking and storage required to run the Service.
seefleet AS may, but are not obligated to, remove Content, Accounts or Teams containing information that we determine in our sole discretion are unlawful or violates any party's property or these Terms of Service.
An account may only be used by one person - a single account shared by multiple people is not permitted. You may create separate accounts for as many people as your plan allows.
You are responsible for maintaining the security of your account and password, including not sharing your password with others and making sure you are not signed in if you are away from your computer. seefleet AS cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage from your failure to comply with this security obligation.
Seefleet AS shall use best industry standards to protect the confidentiality of all users content. However, under no circumstances shall Seefleet AS be liable for any unintended loss or leakage of Team or Account Content to any unauthorised persons and/or companies.
You administer who has access to the Service through your creation of new users. seefleet AS is not in any way responsible for unintended access to your teams Content if you or any of your team members have given access to the wrong person or account.
seefleet AS takes no ownership of the Content you provide to the Service. You are solely responsible that all Content you provide to the Service is acquired in a legal way.
seefleet AS will never intentionally share your Content with others without your explicit consent to do so.
Should you wish to cancel your subscription to the Service, your stored information, such as sales, valuations and stored documents will be handed over to you upon request.
The Service may provide links to other websites controlled by third parties, based on the ship data provided, for instance links to third party websites providing supplementary information about a ship. seefleet AS can in no way guarantee the correctness or availability of the third-party web sites.
You are solely responsible for using the Service in the way it is intended. This includes not sharing login credentials with others, and not trying to exploit the Service in a way to retrieve Content you should not have access to (such as another user/teams Content)
Should you find a security breach while using the Service, you are responsible for reporting this as soon as possible to firstname.lastname@example.org in a responsible manner.
The Service is billed in advance on a yearly basis (or as per agreement with your team) and is non-refundable. There will be no refunds or credits for partial months of service or upgrade/downgrade refunds.
Changes to the terms of service
seefleet AS reserves the right to update and change the terms of service from time to time without prior notice. Any new features released as part of the Service will be subject to the terms of service.
IHS Ships Data Licence Terms and Conditions
If your subscription to the Service includes an IHS Ships Data License you further accept the following terms of service:
- You and your team are granted a nonexclusive, non-transferable license to use the IHS Ships Data for internal business use and for external use solely for shipbroking purposes and not for any other external purpose, including research. Except as otherwise permitted by IHS, you and your team may not copy, distribute, republish, transfer, sell, license, lease, give, disseminate in any form (including within its original cover), assign (whether directly or indirectly, by operation of law or otherwise), transmit, scan, publish on a network, or otherwise reproduce, disclose or make available to others, store in any retrieval system of any nature, create a database or create derivative works from the IHS Ships Data or any portion thereof. Any information related to a third-party company and/or personal data included in the IHS Ships Data, may be used for the limited purpose of enquiring about the products and services of the companies/organizations listed therein. You and your team must comply with applicable data protection and privacy laws and regulations and hereby agree to indemnify and hold seefleet AS and its third-party data providers harmless against any costs, liabilities, damages arising out of your breach under such data protection and privacy laws and regulations. In particular, you and your team must not use information included in the IHS Ships Data (i) for any unlawful, harmful or offensive purpose; (ii) as a source for any kind of marketing or promotion activity; or (iii) for the purposes of compiling, confirming or amending your own database, directory or mailing list.
- You and your team may not permanently retain the IHS Ships Data, including: (a) in any file or on any hard drive, server or other form of memory; or (b) in any printed form. You and your team represent and warrant that - upon any expiration or termination of the IHS Ships Data subscription – you and your team will immediately: (x) discontinue all use of the IHS Ships Data; (y) destroy any items relating to the IHS Ships Data, and purge any IHS Ships Data from all electronic media; and (z) upon request from seefleet AS provide written certification to seefleet AS that you and your team have complied with this paragraph.
- You and your team must not remove any proprietary legends or markings, including copyright notices, on the IHS Ships Data. You and your team acknowledge that all data, material and information contained in the Service are and will remain the copyright property and confidential information of seefleet AS or its third-party provider(s) and are protected and that no rights in any of such data, material and information are transferred to you or your Team. You and your Team will take any and all actions that may reasonably be required by seefleet AS or its third-party data providers to protect such proprietary rights as owned by IHS, seefleet AS or either of their third party provider(s).
- The IHS Ships Data is provided “AS IS” and “AS AVAILABLE”. Neither seefleet AS nor its third- party data providers warrant the completeness or accuracy of the data, material, third party advertisements or information as contained in the Product or that it will satisfy your team’s requirements. seefleet AS and its third-party data providers disclaim all other express or implied warranties, conditions and other terms, whether statutory, arising from course of dealing, or otherwise, including without limitation terms as to quality, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. To the extent permitted by law, seefleet AS and its third-party data providers shall not be liable for any errors or omissions or any loss, damage or expense incurred by reliance on information, third party advertisements or any statement contained in the IHS Ships Data. You and your team assume all risk in using the results of the Service.
- The IHS Ships Data License Terms and Conditions will be construed under the laws of England and Wales and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection thereto shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts. You and your team agree to comply with all US Export laws and regulations and hold seefleet AS and its third-party data providers harmless for its failure to properly do so. You and your team will comply with all applicable country laws and regulations relating to anti-corruption and anti-bribery.
- seefleet AS is subject to these terms and conditions only, to the exclusion of any other terms which would otherwise be implied by trade, custom, practice or course of dealing. Nothing contained in any of your or your team´s issued purchase order, your or your team’s acknowledgement, your or your team’s user’s terms and conditions or invoice will in any way modify or add any additional terms to these terms and conditions. seefleet AS reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions from time to time.